Rapper 50 Cent charged with kicking ex-girlfriend
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: Gary Gershoff/WireImage2 of 10
- Photo: Zavar/NPG3 of 10
- Photo: PN2/WENN4 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 10
- Photo: VISP/GSI8 of 10
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Rapper and actor 50 Cent was charged this week with attacking his ex-girlfriend and trashing her Los Angeles condo, city attorney Mike Feuer said Wednesday.
The 37-year-old "In da Club" singer, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, was charged with domestic violence and four counts of vandalism in papers filed Monday. If convicted, he faces up to five years in jail and $46,000 in fines.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
A representative for Jackson did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Jackson had already left when officers arrived June 23 at a Toluca Lake condo belonging to a woman who had a baby with him, police said.
During an argument, the woman told police, Jackson began destroying her property before she locked herself into her bedroom. The woman said Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury.
RELATED: Best TMI tweets
Police said they estimated about $7,100 in damage to the woman's home. They observed many broken items in the ransacked and clothes-strewn condo, including chandeliers, furniture and a television.
The woman told police she had been in a three-year relationship with Jackson.
"Regardless of perceived celebrity or notoriety, domestic violence is a serious crime and alleged perpetrators will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law by this office," Feuer said.
The Queens-reared rapper has referenced drug-dealing and violence in many songs, and is known for having survived nine gunshots in an attempted assassination.
Jackson has also worked as an actor in recent years. He starred in an autobiographical account of his life as a drug dealer in "Get Rich or Die Tryin'."
Jackson is due for arraignment July 22.
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite