Rapper Fat Joe sentenced in NJ for tax case
- Photo: Jlnphotography/WENN1 of 7
- Photo: Jlnphotography/WENN2 of 7
- Photo: C.M. Wiggins/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: D. Salters/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN5 of 7
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -- Rapper Fat Joe has been sentenced to four months in prison after admitting he failed to file federal income taxes.
RELATED: Bing: Surprising celebrity cousins
The platinum-selling artist, whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, apologized to his family and supporters before being sentenced Monday in federal court in Newark.
He pleaded guilty in December 2012 to failing to pay taxes on more than $1 million of income in 2007 and in 2008.
U.S. Magistrate Cathy Waldor said she took into consideration the government's allegation that Cartagena failed to pay taxes on some $3 million in income for years 2007 through 2010, an estimated tax loss to the government of $718,038.
The Miami Beach resident was prosecuted in New Jersey because some of the companies he earns money from are incorporated in Somerville.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite