Rapper T.I. released from prison 1 month early
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/R-STEINBERG1 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: DAN STEINBERG/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.7 of 17
- Photo: © RD/Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital8 of 17
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 17
- Photo: John Amis/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Robb D. COhen/Retna Ltd.12 of 17
- Photo: Steve Cranitz/WireImage.com13 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Moses Robinson/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Palme d'Or contenders at Cannes Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:26:16 AM
- uFly fires flight instructor who appeared on CNNMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:21:18 AM
- Singer Chris Brown's bodyguard goes on trial in DCMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:07:25 AM
- Jones, Godard, Cronenberg in competition at CannesMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:23:14 AM
- Films by Tommy Lee Jones, Jean Luc Godard among 18 movies in running for top Cannes prizeMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:08:16 AM
- Palme d'Or contenders at Cannes Film Festival
ATLANTA (AP) - Atlanta-based rapper T.I. was released Wednesday one month early from a federal prison in Arkansas where he was serving time for a probation violation, and he already has a new book deal and TV reality show waiting for him.
REALTED: The Shortlist for Aug. 31
The artist, whose real name is Clifford Harris, was released Wednesday morning from the Forrest City low-security prison, said Bureau of Prisons spokesman Chris Burke. Attorney Jonathan Leonard confirmed T.I. was released but did not immediately say where his client was going.
RELATED: Countdown: 12 Celeb Outlaws We Love
"The storm is over & da sun back out. IT'S OUR TIME TO SHINE SHAWTY!!!!!" the rapper posted on Twitter shortly after his release. "Welcome to the beginning of our Happy Ending!!!!"
T.I. had initially served about seven months at the prison in 2009 after he was arrested for trying to buy unregistered guns and silencers from undercover federal agents. He was on probation after he was released and ordered not to commit another crime or to illegally possess any controlled substances.
He was arrested again in September 2010 in Los Angeles on drug charges after authorities said he was found with four Ecstasy pills. He was sentenced in October to 11 months in prison for that violation. He had been set for release at the end of September.
REALTED: Who Said it? for Aug. 29
It's unclear where T.I. is going next, but it appears a flock of cameras will follow. VH1 said Wednesday that the network will film T.I.'s journey home from prison and debut the show in December. MTV aired a similar reality show on the rapper in 2009, "T.I.'s Road to Redemption: 45 Days to Go," which chronicled his attempts to help others avoid his mistakes.
T.I. has also finalized a book deal. A representative from HarperCollins told The Associated Press that T.I. has written a book called "Power & Beauty" that's set to be released in October. The novel, which was co-written with David Ritz, is a fictional tale about two childhood friends torn apart by dangerous dealings on the streets of Atlanta.
REALTED: Young Hollywood Spending Machines
The arrest on weapons charges came after Harris' best friend was killed following a post-performance party in Cincinnati in 2006. The rapper has said the bullets that killed his friend were meant for him.
When he was released from that sentence, he was required to perform 1,000 hours of community service, which he spent mostly talking with schoolchildren about the dangers of drugs, gangs and violence.
But a federal judge said that "experiment" failed when Los Angeles deputies found four ecstasy pills on the rapper.
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite