Ray J Releases Statement After Whitney Houston's Death
- Photo: JD3/WENN1 of 15
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: J.Eddy/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com5 of 15
- Photo: Rodrigo Marques/Splash News6 of 15
- Photo: VH1/Promotional7 of 15
- Photo: WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN10 of 15
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com11 of 15
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: Jon Ricard/Retna Ltd.13 of 15
- Photo: Twitter/.14 of 15
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Six days after Whitney Houston was found dead in her hotel room, the singer's on-again, off-again boyfriend Ray J has released a statement.
"Over the past few days, I've tried to process the emptiness that I am experiencing. What my heart feels cannot be expressed in words," he tells Us Weekly in a statement. "The world lost an icon, but I lost my close friend."
"Nippy, I miss you so much! You were so happy and full of love," Ray J, 31, says. "Your smile will live in my heart forever."
At Tru nightclub on Feb. 9, Houston was spotted pounding tequila shots and champagne with her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, 18, an eyewitness tells the new issue of Us Weekly (out now). She was also spotted cuddling with Ray J before jumping onstage for a duet of "Jesus Loves Me" with Grammy nominee Kelly Price.
When Ray J learned of Houston's death on Saturday, he "rushed over" to the Beverly Hilton Hotel and "spent the night comforting Bobbi Kristina," an insider says. "He's absolutely devastated."
Houston will be laid to rest at noon Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J. The funeral will be broadcast online and on BET.
Kevin Costner, Alicia Keys, Clive Davis, Aretha Franklin, Tyler Perry, Dionne Warwick, Stevie Wonder, Kim Burrell, Rickey Minor, Donnie McClurkin, Marvin Winans and Cece Winans are expected to attend the service.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite