Ray J Released from Hospital, Feared Deadly Blood Clot
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP/R-STEINBERG1 of 14
- Photo: JD3/WENN2 of 14
- Photo: Photoshot/Retna Digital3 of 14
- Photo: Isaac Brekken/Invision/AP4 of 14
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com6 of 14
- Photo: WENN7 of 14
- Photo: Rodrigo Marques/Splash News8 of 14
- Photo: Twitter/.9 of 14
- Photo: Jon Ricard/Retna Ltd.10 of 14
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP11 of 14
- Photo: Johnny Louis/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com13 of 14
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Ray J is OK.
The 31-year-old singer and reality star checked into a Las Vegas hospital on Monday morning for exhaustion and jet lag, but got the all-clear from his doctors on Tuesday.
Explains his rep to Us Weekly: "Ray J has been released from the hospital in Las Vegas and is back home in Los Angeles following an extensive battery of tests to make sure that he did not have a blood clot in his lungs which is potentially a deadly condition that can occur following a long haul plane flight."
Pointing out that beloved rapper Heavy D died last year from a blood clot in his lungs, the rep adds that Ray J had arrived in Las Vegas Sunday for the Billboard Music Awards following a staggering 32-hour round trip from China and a four-hour drive from Los Angeles.
The younger brother of singer Brandy -- and the one-time beau of Kim Kardashian -- Ray J was in the spotlight earlier this year with the Feb. 11 death of Whitney Houston, his on-and-off love of several years.
"I've tried to process the emptiness that I am experiencing. What my heart feels cannot be expressed in words," Ray J told Us shortly after the "I Will Always Love You" star's passing. "The world lost an icon, but I lost my close friend."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Ray J Released from Hospital, Feared Deadly Blood Clot
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out which of Hollywood's geeky guys get all the hottest ladies.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite