Reba McEntire: I Will Not Be Surprised if Kelly Clarkson Elopes
- Photo: Dario Cantatore/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: SC2/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Wade Payne/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: DC5/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: Redbook / Matt Jones/.10 of 16
- Photo: Miguel Aguilar/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 16
- Photo: Darryl Webb/Invision/AP12 of 16
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Brian Snyder/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Reba McEntire wants to make sure that Kelly Clarkson's wedding to her stepson, Brandon Blackstock, is a family affair -- but admits that she wouldn't be surprised if the two decided to elope.
Shortly after Clarkson, 30, announced her engagement via Twitter Dec. 15, she and Blackstock, 36, called McEntire and her husband, Narvel.
"We were having our 'Malibu Country' cast Christmas party at our house here in L.A., and Narvel got the call from Brandon during dinner and he said, 'I'll call you right back,'" McEntire told Us of the momentous occasion. "And then we got upstairs, and each got on the phone and got to talk to both of them."
"[Clarkson] said a while back, 'Don't be surprised if we elope!' And I said, 'I will not be surprised!'" she continued.
McEntire herself married husband Narvel Blackstone, Brandon's father, back in 1989, and admitted that even back then she wasn't a gal to hanker for a large wedding.
"That was never my deal, and I don't know that that's Kelly's either," she told Us. "I've had two weddings and they were both very small. Very few people. They really weren't even weddings. We had a preacher there, but that's it."
On Wednesday, McEntire and Clarkson took part in the Grammy Awards' "The World Is Listening" artist interview series, and the marriage topic naturally came up.
"@kelly_clarkson And speaking of the engagement, since you are going to be my daughter-in-law, I'm singing at the wedding, right??" McEntire tweeted.
"@reba Obviously! My request is "Let's Get It On" by Al Green. That's not awkward, right?" Clarkson joked back.
"@kelly_clarkson We may have to talk about that one later..." McEntire said.
This isn't the first time Clarkson has joked about having a secret wedding.
While chatting with Ellen DeGeneres in November, the former "American Idol" singer warned that she and Blackstock might buck tradition.
"Honestly, I've never been the girl to plan a wedding," she told the talk show host at the time. "We will totally, probably elope."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite