Red-Eyed Bobby Brown Leaves Whitney Houston's Funeral with Posse in Tow
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: Mel Evans/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Splash News3 of 17
- Photo: RHODA BIRNDORF/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: PIER PAOLO CITO/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: JOE CAVARETTA/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: NC1/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: LARRY BUSACA/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: CARL SEIBERT/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: LAURA RAUCH/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: CHRISTINE NESBITT/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage.com12 of 17
- Photo: Paul Smith/FeatureFlash/Retna Ltd.13 of 17
- Photo: Lee Celano/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Tammie Arroyo/AFF/Retna Ltd.16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- 'Once Upon a Time' Expands 'Frozen' Cast With Tyler Jacob Moore MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 6:48:00 PM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's Excelle
Each of the 1,500 invitations to Whitney Houston's funeral in Newark, N.J. admits just one, but apparently her ex-husband Bobby Brown did not receive that memo.
According to New Jersey paper The Star Ledger, the R&B singer, 43, arrived outside of the New Hope Baptist Church Saturday afternoon with an entourage of nine people in tow, demanding that they all get seats in the front row.
The paper adds that Brown himself was allowed in, but he opted to leave with the rest of the people not admitted.
"He was allowed to go in, pay his respects and then he had to leave," a witness tells Us Weekly. "He was red-eyed going up to the casket and then left. He was there for 15 minutes."
A source has told Us that there is still underlying tension between Houston's relatives and Brown, who married Houston in 1992. Their divorce was finalized in 2007.
"There are family members who felt Bobby drove Whitney into drugs," one source explained. "But now Bobby is clean and Whitney has unfortunately passed. So there's resentment."
Brown later released the following statement to Entertainment Tonight:
"My children and I were invited to the funeral of my ex-wife Whitney Houston. We were seated by security and then subsequently asked to move on three separate occasions. I fail to understand why security treated my family this way and continue to ask us and no one else to move. Security then prevented me from attempting to see my daughter Bobbi Kristina. In light of the events, I gave a kiss to the casket of my ex-wife and departed as I refused to create a scene. My children are completely distraught over the events. This was a day to honor Whitney. I doubt Whitney would have wanted this to occur. I will continue to pay my respects to my ex-wife the best way I know how."
Brown is expected to perform at his scheduled concert, which takes place at the nearby New Jersey Performing Arts Center.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite