Rep: John Mellencamp, wife split after 20 years
- Photo: HRC/WENN1 of 5
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP2 of 5
- Photo: Michael Conroy/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: ALAN DIAZ/Invision/AP4 of 5
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
John Mellencamp and his wife are calling it quits.
A spokesman for the 59-year-old rocker says he and his wife of 20 years, model Elaine Mellencamp (nee Irwin), are splitting up.
Publicist Bob Merlis declined to say Thursday if the couple had filed for divorce.
RELATED: Who are the new supermodels?
Merlis says the Mellencamps "are proud of their 20 years together and are very happy with their accomplishments both as parents and as a family."
The pair met when Elaine was hired to appear on the cover of his 1991 album "Whenever We Wanted" and they wed the following year. The couple went on to have two sons together, Hud and Speck.
He says they will continue to raise their two children in Indiana.
Mellencamp's latest album, "No Better Than This," was released earlier this year.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite