Report: Robin Gibb Was Creating 'Bucket List' Before Coma
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- 'Community' Season 6 on Yahoo TV Coming 'After Christmas' and NoMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 9:47:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDT
By Chris Gardner
Shortly before slipping into a coma, Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb was reportedly creating a bucket list and coming up with new song lyrics.
The U.K. Mirror reports that Gibb, who is currently in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, in a coma as a result of pneumonia, had been making plans for the future. "He has kept an antique notebook by his bed to write down lyrics and ideas he has had floating around," a Gibb friend told the British newspaper. "He has also expressed a desire to set up a children's charity involving music. It was a 'bucket list' of things he wanted to achieve. But everyone is very worried now.
His family are taking it hour by hour, praying for a miracle. But with Robin they know never to give up."
Gibb has been sidelined with serious health problems for several years. He revealed his struggles in an interview with The Daily Mail in January, saying, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver. I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results -- to quote my doctor -- have been 'spectacular.' It's taken a toll, naturally, but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill. I've mostly felt great."
RELATED: Robin Gibb Gravely Ill
In 2010, Gibb had emergency surgery for a blocked bowel followed by another operation for a twisted bowel, his rep told CNN last weekend. He also had intestinal surgery on March 26 to remove a blood clot.
Gibb's family members are said to be holding a bedside vigil for the ailing singer. Those at the hospital include wife Dwina, 62, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, according to British news outlets.
The news of Gibb's coma was confirmed over the weekend by his official website, which posted this update: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through."
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite