Report: Robin Gibb Was Creating 'Bucket List' Before Coma
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' MoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 8:07:32 AM
- Jon Stewart Bashes NSA and 'World of Warcraft' Gamers in Carly Rae Jepsen Song SpoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:55:51 AM
- 'Inside Llewyn Davis' Star Oscar Isaac Performs Katy Perry's 'RoMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:46:59 AM
- Disney CFO: 'Star Wars' Will Follow Marvel StrategyMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:35:58 AM
- Stephen Colbert Slams Rick Santorum's Mandela Comparison: 'Yes, Obamacare Is AmeriMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 7:22:37 AM
- Fox, Seth MacFarlane's Fuzzy Door Team Up With TinyCo for 'Family Guy' Mo
By Chris Gardner
Shortly before slipping into a coma, Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb was reportedly creating a bucket list and coming up with new song lyrics.
The U.K. Mirror reports that Gibb, who is currently in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, in a coma as a result of pneumonia, had been making plans for the future. "He has kept an antique notebook by his bed to write down lyrics and ideas he has had floating around," a Gibb friend told the British newspaper. "He has also expressed a desire to set up a children's charity involving music. It was a 'bucket list' of things he wanted to achieve. But everyone is very worried now.
His family are taking it hour by hour, praying for a miracle. But with Robin they know never to give up."
Gibb has been sidelined with serious health problems for several years. He revealed his struggles in an interview with The Daily Mail in January, saying, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver. I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results -- to quote my doctor -- have been 'spectacular.' It's taken a toll, naturally, but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill. I've mostly felt great."
RELATED: Robin Gibb Gravely Ill
In 2010, Gibb had emergency surgery for a blocked bowel followed by another operation for a twisted bowel, his rep told CNN last weekend. He also had intestinal surgery on March 26 to remove a blood clot.
Gibb's family members are said to be holding a bedside vigil for the ailing singer. Those at the hospital include wife Dwina, 62, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, according to British news outlets.
The news of Gibb's coma was confirmed over the weekend by his official website, which posted this update: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through."
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite