Report: Robin Gibb Was Creating 'Bucket List' Before Coma
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
By Chris Gardner
Shortly before slipping into a coma, Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb was reportedly creating a bucket list and coming up with new song lyrics.
The U.K. Mirror reports that Gibb, who is currently in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, in a coma as a result of pneumonia, had been making plans for the future. "He has kept an antique notebook by his bed to write down lyrics and ideas he has had floating around," a Gibb friend told the British newspaper. "He has also expressed a desire to set up a children's charity involving music. It was a 'bucket list' of things he wanted to achieve. But everyone is very worried now.
His family are taking it hour by hour, praying for a miracle. But with Robin they know never to give up."
Gibb has been sidelined with serious health problems for several years. He revealed his struggles in an interview with The Daily Mail in January, saying, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver. I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results -- to quote my doctor -- have been 'spectacular.' It's taken a toll, naturally, but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill. I've mostly felt great."
RELATED: Robin Gibb Gravely Ill
In 2010, Gibb had emergency surgery for a blocked bowel followed by another operation for a twisted bowel, his rep told CNN last weekend. He also had intestinal surgery on March 26 to remove a blood clot.
Gibb's family members are said to be holding a bedside vigil for the ailing singer. Those at the hospital include wife Dwina, 62, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, according to British news outlets.
The news of Gibb's coma was confirmed over the weekend by his official website, which posted this update: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through."
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite