Report: Robin Gibb Was Creating 'Bucket List' Before Coma
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 9
- Photo: SANG TAN/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP5 of 9
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/AP6 of 9
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: Mario Vedder/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Shortly before slipping into a coma, Bee Gees singer Robin Gibb was reportedly creating a bucket list and coming up with new song lyrics.
The U.K. Mirror reports that Gibb, who is currently in a private hospital in Chelsea, West London, in a coma as a result of pneumonia, had been making plans for the future. "He has kept an antique notebook by his bed to write down lyrics and ideas he has had floating around," a Gibb friend told the British newspaper. "He has also expressed a desire to set up a children's charity involving music. It was a 'bucket list' of things he wanted to achieve. But everyone is very worried now.
His family are taking it hour by hour, praying for a miracle. But with Robin they know never to give up."
Gibb has been sidelined with serious health problems for several years. He revealed his struggles in an interview with The Daily Mail in January, saying, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver. I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results -- to quote my doctor -- have been 'spectacular.' It's taken a toll, naturally, but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill. I've mostly felt great."
RELATED: Robin Gibb Gravely Ill
In 2010, Gibb had emergency surgery for a blocked bowel followed by another operation for a twisted bowel, his rep told CNN last weekend. He also had intestinal surgery on March 26 to remove a blood clot.
Gibb's family members are said to be holding a bedside vigil for the ailing singer. Those at the hospital include wife Dwina, 62, brother Barry, 65, daughter Melissa, 37, and sons Spencer, 39, and Robin-John, 29, according to British news outlets.
The news of Gibb's coma was confirmed over the weekend by his official website, which posted this update: "Sadly the reports are true that Robin has contracted pneumonia and is in a coma. We are all hoping and praying that he will pull through."
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite