Rick Springfield arrested over previous DUI conviction
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: ABC/Owen Sweeney/Rex USA/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: ABC/Promotional5 of 8
- Photo: Anonymous/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Rick Springfield was arrested in Los Angeles on Friday after missing a court date relating to a 2011 DUI conviction.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
The "Jessie's Girl" singer was expected to appear before a judge last month to prove that he had completed a court-ordered alcohol education program as part of a plea deal he struck with prosecutors two years ago to avoid a stint behind bars. He failed to show, and a bench warrant was issued for his arrest on Wednesday. Police turned up at the singer's Los Angeles home on Friday to execute the warrant and he was taken into custody at Lost Hills Sheriff's Station.
However, Springfield's lawyer managed to have the warrant recalled by the time he was booked by cops and he was subsequently released.
The singer took to his Facebook page while at the station and explained the incident to fans, insisting it was a mix-up. He writes, "I didn't know that I was supposed appear in court a few weeks ago. It was to do with the old DUI charge and it's been cleared up and I am free to go."
Springfield had also been required to pay $1,555 in fines, according to TMZ.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite