Ricky Martin: I am a Fortunate Homosexual Man
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: RD / Kirkland/Retna Digital2 of 6
- Photo: Pablo Alfaro / Rickymartinmusic.com/.3 of 6
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Retna Digital5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
Ricky spoke about his fears, writing: "Many people told me: 'Ricky it's not important,' 'it's not worth it,' 'all the years you've worked and everything you've built will collapse,' 'many people in the world are not ready to accept your truth, your reality, your nature.' Because all this advice came from people who I love dearly, I decided to move on with my life not sharing with the world my entire truth. Allowing myself to be seduced by fear and insecurity became a self-fulfilling prophecy of sabotage. Today I take full responsibility for my decisions and my actions."
RELATED: Get more music news on MSN
The "Livin' La Vida Loca" singer continues, "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn't even know existed."
The father of twins ended his blog post writing, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."
More on ETonline.com:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite