Ricky Martin Wants to Have a Daughter This Year
- Photo: Leveckis/LondonEnt/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Christian Palma/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: MU1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: MU1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Cecilia Blascofirstname.lastname@example.org/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Kadena Pix/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- 'Real Housewives of NYC' Reunion: Ramona Singer Thought LuAnn de Lesseps Was a DraMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:21:00 PM
- Vin Scully Will Return for 66th Season as Los Angeles Dodgers BroadcasterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 9:36:00 PM
- Facebook Slapped With $123 Million Lawsuit Over 'Revenge Porn' PageMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:45:00 PM
- Brooklyn Decker, Ethan Embry Join Netflix's 'Grace & Frankie'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:16:00 PM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)
Ricky Martin is opening up to Latina magazine about his desire to add a daughter to his family, whether he plans to marry and his return to Broadway after 16 years.
In the February 2012 issue of Latina, on newsstands Jan. 10, the singer-actor says he definitely would like to have a little girl join his twin sons in the family. "I think that I'll do it later on this year, so that [the kids] are not too far apart in ages," he says. "A little girl! Dios mío, me muero. ... But we're going to talk about that later on. It would be irresponsible to do it now." Martin's twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, were born in August 2008 via a surrogate.
Contrary to recent rumors that he would marry his partner, Carlos González Abella, in Spain after the country granted the singer citizenship last year, Martin tells the magazine it is too soon for him to walk down the aisle. "We are not talking about it, we're not thinking about it," he says. "But I'm so happy that in Europe we have the option. It's amazing to think that we can say, 'I feel like it. I'm ready. Let's go.'"
On returning to Broadway in a revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's musical "Evita," opening in March, Martin says, "The people, the critics, are going to be expecting a lot. It has to be the best. ... You have to have the attitude that, 'You know what? No one will stop me. It's going to be a magical year."
The "Livin' la Vida Loca" singer described his coming out as gay in 2010 as a liberating experience "for myself, my family, my core fans." "They feel more in touch with me and I feel more in touch with them. If I feel free, they're going to feel free and vice versa. It's contagious."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite