Ricky Martin Wants to Have a Daughter This Year
- Photo: Leveckis/LondonEnt/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Christian Palma/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: MU1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: MU1/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: WENN9 of 16
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Cecilia Blascoemail@example.com/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Dominic Chan/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Kadena Pix/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com14 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Ricky Martin is opening up to Latina magazine about his desire to add a daughter to his family, whether he plans to marry and his return to Broadway after 16 years.
In the February 2012 issue of Latina, on newsstands Jan. 10, the singer-actor says he definitely would like to have a little girl join his twin sons in the family. "I think that I'll do it later on this year, so that [the kids] are not too far apart in ages," he says. "A little girl! Dios mío, me muero. ... But we're going to talk about that later on. It would be irresponsible to do it now." Martin's twin boys, Matteo and Valentino, were born in August 2008 via a surrogate.
Contrary to recent rumors that he would marry his partner, Carlos González Abella, in Spain after the country granted the singer citizenship last year, Martin tells the magazine it is too soon for him to walk down the aisle. "We are not talking about it, we're not thinking about it," he says. "But I'm so happy that in Europe we have the option. It's amazing to think that we can say, 'I feel like it. I'm ready. Let's go.'"
On returning to Broadway in a revival of Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice's musical "Evita," opening in March, Martin says, "The people, the critics, are going to be expecting a lot. It has to be the best. ... You have to have the attitude that, 'You know what? No one will stop me. It's going to be a magical year."
The "Livin' la Vida Loca" singer described his coming out as gay in 2010 as a liberating experience "for myself, my family, my core fans." "They feel more in touch with me and I feel more in touch with them. If I feel free, they're going to feel free and vice versa. It's contagious."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite