Rihanna and Matt Kemp Call It Quits
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Lewis/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
"It happened over the last few weeks," explains the source. "She basically was just over it."
A rep for Rihanna (she's currently vacationing with family in her native Barbados) could not be reached for comment.
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Kemp, 26, helped Rihanna, 22, move on from Chris Brown, who infamously assaulted her in February 2009. The duo were first spotted frolicking together in Cabo San Lucas last January, and slowly opened up about their romance in the spring.
But the "Only Girl" singer has been "so busy," the insider says. "He just can't keep up with her crazy travel schedule."
"Matt's sick of always following after her like a puppy dog all over the world. He wants something more normal," the source adds.
Plus, the insider says, "It was never as serious as it looked. It was always just [about] having fun."
Still, back in May, Kemp gushed about his love: "She's just a fun person. I love to be around her."
In June, Rihanna similarly said of Kemp: "I'm so happy. I feel really comfortable and it's so easy. [The relationship] is just my peace. It keeps me sane."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite