Rihanna and Matt Kemp Call It Quits
- Photo: Christopher Polk/GettyImages.com1 of 7
- Photo: London Ent/Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 7
- Photo: Jeff Lewis/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News5 of 7
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To PrisonMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 8:28:00 AM
- George Clooney Will Never 'Accept' an Apology From the Daily Mail 'the WMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:44:00 AM
- 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Rises to $4.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 7:11:00 AM
- Weekend TV: FX's Creepy Strain, Return of Ray Donovan and Masters of SexMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Why Hollywood Producers and Labor Guilds Chose Peace Instead of WarMSNEntertainment 7/11/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Orange Is the New Black Stars Debate Whether Bennett Deserves to Go To Prison
"It happened over the last few weeks," explains the source. "She basically was just over it."
A rep for Rihanna (she's currently vacationing with family in her native Barbados) could not be reached for comment.
Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Kemp, 26, helped Rihanna, 22, move on from Chris Brown, who infamously assaulted her in February 2009. The duo were first spotted frolicking together in Cabo San Lucas last January, and slowly opened up about their romance in the spring.
But the "Only Girl" singer has been "so busy," the insider says. "He just can't keep up with her crazy travel schedule."
"Matt's sick of always following after her like a puppy dog all over the world. He wants something more normal," the source adds.
Plus, the insider says, "It was never as serious as it looked. It was always just [about] having fun."
Still, back in May, Kemp gushed about his love: "She's just a fun person. I love to be around her."
In June, Rihanna similarly said of Kemp: "I'm so happy. I feel really comfortable and it's so easy. [The relationship] is just my peace. It keeps me sane."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStill Peeved
From Crowd Ignite