Rihanna gets new henna-inspired hand tattoo, tattoo artist says 'She's a champ'
- Photo: Instagram1 of 16
- Photo: CWNY/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Instagram3 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA5 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: YouTube/.13 of 16
- Photo: Twitter/.14 of 16
- Photo: Rex USA15 of 16
More Celeb News
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest QuarterMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 1:12:00 PM
- FXX's 'The League' Gets Season 6 Premiere DateMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:59:00 PM
- Horror Movie 'Inner Demons' Acquired by IFC MidnightMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:55:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Tried to Settle Michael Egan Sex Abuse Lawsuit for $100,000 (Report)MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- CW to Honor Dogs With Glitzy Awards ShowMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 12:35:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Loses $15.4 Million in Its Latest Quarter
Rihanna went to great lengths for her newest ink. The "Pour It Up" singer, 25, flew tattoo artists Keith "Bang Bang" McCurdy and Cally Jo from New York City to the Dominican Republic to cover up the Maori tattoo she got recently in New Zealand, a source confirms to Us Weekly. (E! News was first to report the unusual travel arrangements.)
The new tat -- a henna-inspired design on the Barbados-born star's right hand -- "goes over the knuckles and wrist," Bang Bang tells Us. "It was made to complement what was already there. It looks like a henna tattoo, but it's the real deal. She's a champ."
Indeed she is. As seen in a video of Rihanna posted to YouTube earlier this month, the "Diamonds" singer first got her hand tattooed with a chisel and mallet in New Zealand. The painful method, known as Ta moko, is traditional to the Maori culture. Rihanna remained silent throughout the process, but her hand was left bloodied and bruised after.
The ink-loving star has several other tattoos, as well. Among them? A trail of stars down the back of her neck, a handgun near her armpit, a falcon on her right foot, the Egyptian goddess Isis on her chest, and her best friend's birthday on her shoulder.
"I like hanging out in tattoo shops," Rihanna told Atlanta Peach magazine back in 2007. "Sometimes I get dressed and go to the tattoo parlors in SoHo and hang out. I am so intrigued by tattoos."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite