Rihanna Says of Chris Brown, 'I Lost My Best Friend'
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris for Clear Channel Entertainment/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: DR2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
Oprah Winfrey isn't afraid to ask tough questions, as Rihanna quickly learned when the 58-year-old TV mogul interviewed her for "Oprah's Next Chapter."
When asked about her former relationship with Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in February 2009, Rihanna teared up. "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend," the 24-year-old pop star said.
Post-split, "I was resentful. I held a grudge," Rihanna admitted. "I was dark." Rihanna and Brown, 23, have since reconciled professionally and, reportedly, personally: The two collaborated on two remixes in early 2012, and a source told Us Weekly they hooked up "on and off" for nearly a year in 2011.
Winfrey admitted she was surprised by Rihanna's tender candor. "I thought she would have been kind of a badass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman. Nothing could have been farther from the truth," she said. "She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable."
"She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that," Winfrey added.
"Oprah's Next Chapter" airs Sunday, Aug. 19, at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite