Rihanna Says of Chris Brown, 'I Lost My Best Friend'
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris for Clear Channel Entertainment/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: DR2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Oprah Winfrey isn't afraid to ask tough questions, as Rihanna quickly learned when the 58-year-old TV mogul interviewed her for "Oprah's Next Chapter."
When asked about her former relationship with Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in February 2009, Rihanna teared up. "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend," the 24-year-old pop star said.
Post-split, "I was resentful. I held a grudge," Rihanna admitted. "I was dark." Rihanna and Brown, 23, have since reconciled professionally and, reportedly, personally: The two collaborated on two remixes in early 2012, and a source told Us Weekly they hooked up "on and off" for nearly a year in 2011.
Winfrey admitted she was surprised by Rihanna's tender candor. "I thought she would have been kind of a badass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman. Nothing could have been farther from the truth," she said. "She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable."
"She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that," Winfrey added.
"Oprah's Next Chapter" airs Sunday, Aug. 19, at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGlobe Noms
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite