Rihanna Says of Chris Brown, 'I Lost My Best Friend'
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris for Clear Channel Entertainment/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: DR2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- Liam Mulligan is on the case in 'Providence Rag'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 5:49:00 AM
- Lena Dunham Reacts to Naked Critics Makes, Deletes Molestation Joke on TwitterMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:14:00 PM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El Rey
Oprah Winfrey isn't afraid to ask tough questions, as Rihanna quickly learned when the 58-year-old TV mogul interviewed her for "Oprah's Next Chapter."
When asked about her former relationship with Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in February 2009, Rihanna teared up. "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend," the 24-year-old pop star said.
Post-split, "I was resentful. I held a grudge," Rihanna admitted. "I was dark." Rihanna and Brown, 23, have since reconciled professionally and, reportedly, personally: The two collaborated on two remixes in early 2012, and a source told Us Weekly they hooked up "on and off" for nearly a year in 2011.
Winfrey admitted she was surprised by Rihanna's tender candor. "I thought she would have been kind of a badass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman. Nothing could have been farther from the truth," she said. "She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable."
"She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that," Winfrey added.
"Oprah's Next Chapter" airs Sunday, Aug. 19, at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite