Rihanna Says of Chris Brown, 'I Lost My Best Friend'
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris for Clear Channel Entertainment/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: DR2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Oprah Winfrey isn't afraid to ask tough questions, as Rihanna quickly learned when the 58-year-old TV mogul interviewed her for "Oprah's Next Chapter."
When asked about her former relationship with Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in February 2009, Rihanna teared up. "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend," the 24-year-old pop star said.
Post-split, "I was resentful. I held a grudge," Rihanna admitted. "I was dark." Rihanna and Brown, 23, have since reconciled professionally and, reportedly, personally: The two collaborated on two remixes in early 2012, and a source told Us Weekly they hooked up "on and off" for nearly a year in 2011.
Winfrey admitted she was surprised by Rihanna's tender candor. "I thought she would have been kind of a badass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman. Nothing could have been farther from the truth," she said. "She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable."
"She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that," Winfrey added.
"Oprah's Next Chapter" airs Sunday, Aug. 19, at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite