Rihanna Says of Chris Brown, 'I Lost My Best Friend'
- Photo: DR2/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris for Clear Channel Entertainment/WireImage2 of 6
- Photo: DR2/WENN3 of 6
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage4 of 6
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Oprah Winfrey isn't afraid to ask tough questions, as Rihanna quickly learned when the 58-year-old TV mogul interviewed her for "Oprah's Next Chapter."
When asked about her former relationship with Chris Brown, who pleaded guilty to assaulting her in February 2009, Rihanna teared up. "It was embarrassing. It was humiliating. I lost my best friend," the 24-year-old pop star said.
Post-split, "I was resentful. I held a grudge," Rihanna admitted. "I was dark." Rihanna and Brown, 23, have since reconciled professionally and, reportedly, personally: The two collaborated on two remixes in early 2012, and a source told Us Weekly they hooked up "on and off" for nearly a year in 2011.
Winfrey admitted she was surprised by Rihanna's tender candor. "I thought she would have been kind of a badass kind of a rocker hard-edge woman. Nothing could have been farther from the truth," she said. "She was thoughtful. She was very emotional. She was vulnerable."
"She pushes the edge -- she pushes the edge a lot, and there's a reason for that," Winfrey added.
"Oprah's Next Chapter" airs Sunday, Aug. 19, at 9 p.m. EST on OWN.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite