Rihanna sues owner of Topshop over T-shirt
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Searle/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: ImageBuzz/Fame Flynet3 of 18
- Photo: Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Palace Lee/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram/.9 of 18
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: http://instagram.com/badgalriri/Instagram14 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Jim Gaffigan's CBS Pilot Gets Series Order From TV LandMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:51:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Connection, Sons' Final Ride, and a Big Grey's DecisionMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:42:00 PM
- Judd Apatow Hires 'South Park's' Pam Brady to Rewrite 'Business MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:36:00 PM
- CW's 'Flash' Adds 'Rake's' Kelly Frye as SuperMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 3:25:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WME
LONDON (AP) — Racks of T-shirts bearing Rihanna's image have been on display at London's High Court, where the singer is suing a British retailer for using her image.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lawyers for the star seek damages from Arcadia Group Brands Ltd., which owns the Topshop fashion chain, after it sold shirts bearing her picture without permission.
RELATED: Rihanna dyes her hair 'ice grey-ish'
The shirts were initially sold as the "Rihanna Tank" and then — after she complained — as the "Headscarf Girl Tank" and the "Icon Tank."
Rihanna's lawyers accuse Topshop of trying to pass off the T-shirt as being approved or authorized by the singer.
The store says Rihanna is seeking legal recognition for a flawed assumption that "only a celebrity or her successors may ever market, or license the marketing, of her own character."
A hearing was held Friday.
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite