Rihanna sues owner of Topshop over T-shirt
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Searle/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: ImageBuzz/Fame Flynet3 of 18
- Photo: Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Palace Lee/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram/.9 of 18
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: http://instagram.com/badgalriri/Instagram14 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's Family
LONDON (AP) — Racks of T-shirts bearing Rihanna's image have been on display at London's High Court, where the singer is suing a British retailer for using her image.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lawyers for the star seek damages from Arcadia Group Brands Ltd., which owns the Topshop fashion chain, after it sold shirts bearing her picture without permission.
RELATED: Rihanna dyes her hair 'ice grey-ish'
The shirts were initially sold as the "Rihanna Tank" and then — after she complained — as the "Headscarf Girl Tank" and the "Icon Tank."
Rihanna's lawyers accuse Topshop of trying to pass off the T-shirt as being approved or authorized by the singer.
The store says Rihanna is seeking legal recognition for a flawed assumption that "only a celebrity or her successors may ever market, or license the marketing, of her own character."
A hearing was held Friday.
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite