Rihanna sues owner of Topshop over T-shirt
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP1 of 18
- Photo: Steve Searle/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: ImageBuzz/Fame Flynet3 of 18
- Photo: Splash News4 of 18
- Photo: Palace Lee/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram6 of 18
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN8 of 18
- Photo: Instagram/.9 of 18
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram11 of 18
- Photo: @badgalriri/Instagram12 of 18
- Photo: Splash News13 of 18
- Photo: http://instagram.com/badgalriri/Instagram14 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN16 of 18
- Photo: Beretta/Sims/Rex USA17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
LONDON (AP) — Racks of T-shirts bearing Rihanna's image have been on display at London's High Court, where the singer is suing a British retailer for using her image.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lawyers for the star seek damages from Arcadia Group Brands Ltd., which owns the Topshop fashion chain, after it sold shirts bearing her picture without permission.
RELATED: Rihanna dyes her hair 'ice grey-ish'
The shirts were initially sold as the "Rihanna Tank" and then — after she complained — as the "Headscarf Girl Tank" and the "Icon Tank."
Rihanna's lawyers accuse Topshop of trying to pass off the T-shirt as being approved or authorized by the singer.
The store says Rihanna is seeking legal recognition for a flawed assumption that "only a celebrity or her successors may ever market, or license the marketing, of her own character."
A hearing was held Friday.
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite