Robin Gibb 'beat the odds' to pull through coma, says son
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make EveryonMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Teams With Spritz Reading App to Make Everyon
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is in good spirits after waking from a coma and is even said to be laughing and joking with his family just days after doctors gave him low odds of survival.
RELATED: Michael Douglas beats throat cancer
The music legend, who has been battling cancer, recently contracted pneumonia and slipped into a coma at a London hospital, but he regained consciousness last week after a 12-day fight for life.
Gibb's son Robin-John has now revealed that doctors didn't expect the singer to come out of the coma.
Robin-John tells ITV News, "He is completely compos mentis now, and the first thing he said to me was, 'Hi, R-J. Can you tell them my back hurts?' So we got a nurse to turn him. We said we loved each other. ... Two days before that they said they'd thrown the kitchen sink at him, that it was time to make plans because he was in God's hands and such."
RELATED: Women who've beaten breast cancer
"But he beats the odds again and they gave him an under 10 percent survival chance and he has beaten the odds. ... he really is something else."
Gibb's wife, Dwina, adds, "He is fantastic at the moment. He is laughing, he is joking, he is really happy. He just wants to get out.
"He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out, so the nurses will have to put it back in again, but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good, anyway. We played music to him for about 10 days, so we asked him if he wanted to listen to anymore music and he said no. We've bombarded him with music for about 10 days. It was very interesting ..."
RELATED: Celebs who vow to beat cancer
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite