Robin Gibb 'beat the odds' to pull through coma, says son
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is in good spirits after waking from a coma and is even said to be laughing and joking with his family just days after doctors gave him low odds of survival.
RELATED: Michael Douglas beats throat cancer
The music legend, who has been battling cancer, recently contracted pneumonia and slipped into a coma at a London hospital, but he regained consciousness last week after a 12-day fight for life.
Gibb's son Robin-John has now revealed that doctors didn't expect the singer to come out of the coma.
Robin-John tells ITV News, "He is completely compos mentis now, and the first thing he said to me was, 'Hi, R-J. Can you tell them my back hurts?' So we got a nurse to turn him. We said we loved each other. ... Two days before that they said they'd thrown the kitchen sink at him, that it was time to make plans because he was in God's hands and such."
RELATED: Women who've beaten breast cancer
"But he beats the odds again and they gave him an under 10 percent survival chance and he has beaten the odds. ... he really is something else."
Gibb's wife, Dwina, adds, "He is fantastic at the moment. He is laughing, he is joking, he is really happy. He just wants to get out.
"He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out, so the nurses will have to put it back in again, but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good, anyway. We played music to him for about 10 days, so we asked him if he wanted to listen to anymore music and he said no. We've bombarded him with music for about 10 days. It was very interesting ..."
RELATED: Celebs who vow to beat cancer
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite