Robin Gibb 'beat the odds' to pull through coma, says son
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is in good spirits after waking from a coma and is even said to be laughing and joking with his family just days after doctors gave him low odds of survival.
RELATED: Michael Douglas beats throat cancer
The music legend, who has been battling cancer, recently contracted pneumonia and slipped into a coma at a London hospital, but he regained consciousness last week after a 12-day fight for life.
Gibb's son Robin-John has now revealed that doctors didn't expect the singer to come out of the coma.
Robin-John tells ITV News, "He is completely compos mentis now, and the first thing he said to me was, 'Hi, R-J. Can you tell them my back hurts?' So we got a nurse to turn him. We said we loved each other. ... Two days before that they said they'd thrown the kitchen sink at him, that it was time to make plans because he was in God's hands and such."
RELATED: Women who've beaten breast cancer
"But he beats the odds again and they gave him an under 10 percent survival chance and he has beaten the odds. ... he really is something else."
Gibb's wife, Dwina, adds, "He is fantastic at the moment. He is laughing, he is joking, he is really happy. He just wants to get out.
"He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out, so the nurses will have to put it back in again, but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good, anyway. We played music to him for about 10 days, so we asked him if he wanted to listen to anymore music and he said no. We've bombarded him with music for about 10 days. It was very interesting ..."
RELATED: Celebs who vow to beat cancer
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite