Robin Gibb 'beat the odds' to pull through coma, says son
- Photo: CWA/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: CKAA/ZDS/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Inside the Resurrection of Religious TVMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 5 Crazy Things That Happened on the 'Scandal' Season 3 FinaleMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:47:00 AM
- 'Fading Gigolo' Review: Woody Allen Pimps It Up With John Turturro in SurprisinglyMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 11:11:00 PM
- Survivor's L.J.: "I Was Completely Shocked" by Tony's BetrayalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 9:00:00 PM
- Scandal: Who Didn't Survive the Season Finale?MSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:22:00 PM
- Inside the Resurrection of Religious TV
Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees is in good spirits after waking from a coma and is even said to be laughing and joking with his family just days after doctors gave him low odds of survival.
RELATED: Michael Douglas beats throat cancer
The music legend, who has been battling cancer, recently contracted pneumonia and slipped into a coma at a London hospital, but he regained consciousness last week after a 12-day fight for life.
Gibb's son Robin-John has now revealed that doctors didn't expect the singer to come out of the coma.
Robin-John tells ITV News, "He is completely compos mentis now, and the first thing he said to me was, 'Hi, R-J. Can you tell them my back hurts?' So we got a nurse to turn him. We said we loved each other. ... Two days before that they said they'd thrown the kitchen sink at him, that it was time to make plans because he was in God's hands and such."
RELATED: Women who've beaten breast cancer
"But he beats the odds again and they gave him an under 10 percent survival chance and he has beaten the odds. ... he really is something else."
Gibb's wife, Dwina, adds, "He is fantastic at the moment. He is laughing, he is joking, he is really happy. He just wants to get out.
"He has been very naughty because he pulled his feeding tube out, so the nurses will have to put it back in again, but he wants ice cream ... he wants all kinds of things. It's good, anyway. We played music to him for about 10 days, so we asked him if he wanted to listen to anymore music and he said no. We've bombarded him with music for about 10 days. It was very interesting ..."
RELATED: Celebs who vow to beat cancer
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite