Robin Gibb speaks out about cancer battle
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has spoken out about his battle with colon and liver cancer to dismiss reports he's been "at death's door" -- insisting the results of his chemotherapy sessions are "spectacular."
The singer was hospitalized in November, just weeks after he was treated for abdominal pains and inflammation of the colon. Subsequent reports suggested he had been diagnosed with liver cancer, but Gibb refused to shed light on his condition.
RELATED: Music's Oddest Couples
His spokesperson revealed last week that the star is undergoing chemotherapy sessions, used to kill cancer cells, and now Gibb has addressed the ongoing speculation about his health.
In a candid interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday, he says, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver."
RELATED: Sober Stars
"I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results, to quote my doctor, have been 'spectacular'. It's taken a toll but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill.
"There have been many false claims around, which I'd like to dispel. I am not and have never been at death's door. Nor do I have a team of alternative doctors, although I'm not averse to healthy remedies. I feel they can go together with conventional medicine.
"I do eat health foods and drink herbal teas made for me by Dwina, my wife."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite