Robin Gibb speaks out about cancer battle
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has spoken out about his battle with colon and liver cancer to dismiss reports he's been "at death's door" -- insisting the results of his chemotherapy sessions are "spectacular."
The singer was hospitalized in November, just weeks after he was treated for abdominal pains and inflammation of the colon. Subsequent reports suggested he had been diagnosed with liver cancer, but Gibb refused to shed light on his condition.
RELATED: Music's Oddest Couples
His spokesperson revealed last week that the star is undergoing chemotherapy sessions, used to kill cancer cells, and now Gibb has addressed the ongoing speculation about his health.
In a candid interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday, he says, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver."
RELATED: Sober Stars
"I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results, to quote my doctor, have been 'spectacular'. It's taken a toll but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill.
"There have been many false claims around, which I'd like to dispel. I am not and have never been at death's door. Nor do I have a team of alternative doctors, although I'm not averse to healthy remedies. I feel they can go together with conventional medicine.
"I do eat health foods and drink herbal teas made for me by Dwina, my wife."
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Tim Pocock and Tom Green of NBC's "Camp" sit down with Wonderwall's Chris Gardner for a Wonderview ...Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna kicks off her birthday celebrations in a winter wonderland on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite