Robin Gibb speaks out about cancer battle
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: SANG TAN/Invision/AP3 of 6
- Photo: Mario Vedder/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: GEERT VANDEN WIJNGAERT/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- Bryan Cranston Meets His Idol, Dodgers Announcer Vin Scully (Photo)MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:09:00 AM
- An 86-year-old Utah woman writes romance novelMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:50:09 AM
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrestMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:42:39 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in Cincinnati
Bee Gees star Robin Gibb has spoken out about his battle with colon and liver cancer to dismiss reports he's been "at death's door" -- insisting the results of his chemotherapy sessions are "spectacular."
The singer was hospitalized in November, just weeks after he was treated for abdominal pains and inflammation of the colon. Subsequent reports suggested he had been diagnosed with liver cancer, but Gibb refused to shed light on his condition.
RELATED: Music's Oddest Couples
His spokesperson revealed last week that the star is undergoing chemotherapy sessions, used to kill cancer cells, and now Gibb has addressed the ongoing speculation about his health.
In a candid interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday, he says, "For more than 18 months, I had lived with an inflammation of the colon; then I was diagnosed with colon cancer, which spread to the liver."
RELATED: Sober Stars
"I have undergone chemotherapy, however, and the results, to quote my doctor, have been 'spectacular'. It's taken a toll but the strange thing is that I've never felt seriously ill.
"There have been many false claims around, which I'd like to dispel. I am not and have never been at death's door. Nor do I have a team of alternative doctors, although I'm not averse to healthy remedies. I feel they can go together with conventional medicine.
"I do eat health foods and drink herbal teas made for me by Dwina, my wife."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite