Robin Thicke, wife Paula Patton split: Their marriage was unraveling for a long time
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 7
- Photo: Kevan Brooks/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/StarTraks3 of 7
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN4 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks5 of 7
- Photo: Kevin Winter/BET/Getty Images North America6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:11:00 AM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'A Most Wanted Man' Debuts With Eye on OscarMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Hemlock Grove's Most WTF Moment YetMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Andy Samberg and Kit Harrington to Headline HBO Tennis MockumentaryMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:50:00 AM
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Casts 'All My Children' Vet MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 10:32:00 AM
- 24: Live Another Day: Did Jack Bauer Take Out the Russians After All?
Not a surprising split? On Feb. 24, Robin Thicke and Paula Patton announced they had decided to separate after eight years of marriage. Though they recently defended their marriage following Thicke's raunchy performance with Miley Cyrus at the VMAs back in August, multiple sources tell Us Weekly that the couple have been discussing breaking up for a long time.
"It has been a long time coming," a source close to Thicke, 36, tells Us. Adds a second source close to Thicke: "It is not a shock to Robin or Paula, and it is something they have discussed for a long time."
The "Blurred Lines" singer and "Baggage Claim" actress, 37, are parents to son Julian, 3. In a joint statement on Monday, the estranged spouses told Us: "We will always love each other and be best friends. However, we have mutually decided to separate at this time."
"Their marriage was unraveling for a long time," an insider tells Us.
Rumors swirled that Thicke and Patton's marriage was in trouble back in August following Thicke's controversial "Blurred Lines" performance with Cyrus at the VMAs. The singer also made headlines at the time for a report claiming he cheated on Patton during an Aug. 25 party.
In the wake of the scandals, the couple showed a united front during interviews and defended their relationship. In fact, Thicke bragged about their sex life in an October 2013 interview with Elle. "The spice is not our problem," he told the magazine of how they kept their relationship interesting. "We're overspiced. We could probably take a few spices off the shelf."
During a joint interview with Prestige Hong Kong Magazine last September, Patton gushed about how she and her husband were "best friends" and always there for each other. "I've been there for his down moments and he's been there for mine," she explained. "Life is full of peaks and valleys. Robin has always been a great person to remind me to celebrate now."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHeating Up!
From Crowd Ignite