Rod Stewart and Penny Lancaster had secret split
- Photo: Retna Digital1 of 11
- Photo: MARTIN CLEAVER/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: Rocstar/Miguel/Fame Flynet3 of 11
- Photo: Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: EMI / Splash News/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: JE1/WENN7 of 11
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: FIONA HANSON/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Nas Cuts Homophobic 'Illmatic' Lyrics at Tribeca Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:13:00 AM
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Child Star Mara Wilson Has 'No Interest' in SeqMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 8:01:00 AM
- Seth Rogen Blows Up At Nancy Grace Over Anti-Marijuana TweetsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Gallery eyes portraits in the age of abstract artMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:37 AM
- MovieTickets.com Extends Harkins Theatres Remote Ticketing AgreementMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 7:52:00 AM
- Nas Cuts Homophobic 'Illmatic' Lyrics at Tribeca Film Festival
Singer Rod Stewart has recorded a song about his secret split from his third wife, Penny Lancaster.
The "Maggie May" hitmaker reveals he was left heartbroken after his third wife walked out on him during a difficult period in their marriage, and they were separated for two weeks.
The couple, who wed in 2007, eventually reconciled, but Stewart used the agonizing ordeal as inspiration for a song on his latest album.
He explains, "I cover Tom Waits' 'Picture in a Frame' on my new album 'Time.' Penny and I broke up for two weeks and the song is about that time. I asked her for a photo of herself in a frame so that I could see her when I went to bed and when I woke up."
RELATED: Hollywood's Most Controversial Moms
Stewart previously had a reputation as a womanizer but he is adamant Lancaster is the one for him, telling Australian magazine Life, "I have always loved women, won some, lost some, but it's not about the magic touch, it's about being a better person and a good listener. I met Penny in my 50s, and if I had not learnt by that point in my life I was never going to."
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite