Rubio: Beyonce trip to Cuba 'hypocritical'
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: DS/Rocstar/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Wonderwall3 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Uncredited/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: JXC/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:37:00 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:10 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:10:19 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Marco Rubio says entertainers Beyonce and Jay-Z missed a chance while in Cuba to see firsthand the effects of political oppression.
The Republican lawmaker from Florida calls their recent trip "hypocritical" and he takes issue with the U.S. government's approval of the visit as a cultural mission.
Beyonce and Jay-Z marked their wedding anniversary in Havana last week.
U.S. citizens aren't allowed to travel to Cuba for mere tourism, though they can obtain licenses for academic, religious, journalistic or cultural exchange trips. These people-to-people licenses were reinstated under the Obama administration.
RELATED: Celebs rocking side parts
Rubio, a Cuban-American, says such trips provide money to the Castro government to oppress the Cuban people.
Rubio discussed the trip during interviews Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," ABC's "This Week" and NBC's "Meet the Press."
RELATED: Worst music festival style
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite