Rubio: Beyonce trip to Cuba 'hypocritical'
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: DS/Rocstar/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Wonderwall3 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Uncredited/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: JXC/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Ramon Espinosa/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Larry Busacca/Getty Images North America11 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sen. Marco Rubio says entertainers Beyonce and Jay-Z missed a chance while in Cuba to see firsthand the effects of political oppression.
The Republican lawmaker from Florida calls their recent trip "hypocritical" and he takes issue with the U.S. government's approval of the visit as a cultural mission.
Beyonce and Jay-Z marked their wedding anniversary in Havana last week.
U.S. citizens aren't allowed to travel to Cuba for mere tourism, though they can obtain licenses for academic, religious, journalistic or cultural exchange trips. These people-to-people licenses were reinstated under the Obama administration.
RELATED: Celebs rocking side parts
Rubio, a Cuban-American, says such trips provide money to the Castro government to oppress the Cuban people.
Rubio discussed the trip during interviews Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union," ABC's "This Week" and NBC's "Meet the Press."
RELATED: Worst music festival style
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite