Russell Brand: My Wedding With Katy Perry Will Be Normal
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News1 of 6
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin3 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse AllegationsMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:27:00 PM
- Amanda Seyfried Joins Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund in Joe Wright's 'Pan'MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:25:00 PM
- Ladies' Home Journal Cuts Staff, Transitioning Into QuarterlyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:01:00 PM
- NBC's 'Community' Holds Down the Fort: See the Newest #SixSeasonsAndAMoviMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 12:00:00 PM
- Sony Veteran Steve Elzer Launches New PR Company Elzer and AssociatesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 11:52:00 AM
- Bryan Singer Speaks Out for First Time on Sexual Abuse Allegations
"We just love each other, and we want to get married in front of our friends and family and keep it very normal," Brand, 35, told reporters Tuesday at a New York Times "TimesTalks" Q&A in New York. "It ain't about selling the pictures; it ain't about doing no prenup. It's just a normal thing."
Still, insiders close to Brand and Perry, 26, tell Us Weekly that the couple are planning a super-luxe, six-day bash in India (where Brand proposed during a trip over New Year's last winter), which is to culminate in a traditional Indian ceremony in Rajasthan on Oct. 23. Guests (including Rihanna) will be flown out via private jet and will sleep in "pimped-out" tents, the insider said.
Brand was mum on any details Tuesday. "I'm trying to preserve it, to keep it a beautiful thing," he explained. "I think people get the wrong idea on how we want the wedding to play out. Love between two people is one of the most spectacular yet ordinary thing in the world."
Brand and the "Teenage Dream" singer began dating last fall. "The love that I feel for her is exactly the same as the love that you might feel for somebody," he gushed.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBikini Babe
From Crowd Ignite