Russell Brand: My Wedding With Katy Perry Will Be Normal
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News1 of 6
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin2 of 6
- Photo: Lomeli/Bauer-Griffin3 of 6
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Tyrant' Renewed for Season 2 by FXMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:35:00 AM
- Chuck Todd's 'Meet the Press' Ratings Fall Back Down to Earth in Week 2MSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:33:00 AM
- CBS Promotes Karen Church, Fern Orenstein to SVP, CastingMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:04:00 AM
- Mark Burnett, Mike Darnell Team Up for 'Genius Game Show' on ABCMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:03:00 AM
- Israel Film Festival to Honor Producers Arnon Milchan and Mace NeufeldMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 11:02:00 AM
- 'Tyrant' Renewed for Season 2 by FX
"We just love each other, and we want to get married in front of our friends and family and keep it very normal," Brand, 35, told reporters Tuesday at a New York Times "TimesTalks" Q&A in New York. "It ain't about selling the pictures; it ain't about doing no prenup. It's just a normal thing."
Still, insiders close to Brand and Perry, 26, tell Us Weekly that the couple are planning a super-luxe, six-day bash in India (where Brand proposed during a trip over New Year's last winter), which is to culminate in a traditional Indian ceremony in Rajasthan on Oct. 23. Guests (including Rihanna) will be flown out via private jet and will sleep in "pimped-out" tents, the insider said.
Brand was mum on any details Tuesday. "I'm trying to preserve it, to keep it a beautiful thing," he explained. "I think people get the wrong idea on how we want the wedding to play out. Love between two people is one of the most spectacular yet ordinary thing in the world."
Brand and the "Teenage Dream" singer began dating last fall. "The love that I feel for her is exactly the same as the love that you might feel for somebody," he gushed.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite