Seal: Fans deserved explanation about Heidi Klum split
- Photo: SWAP / Splash News/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: JERC/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: 'Ellen'/Promotional5 of 16
- Photo: SAE/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Revolution Pix/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: Rabbani and Solimene Photography/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Twitter9 of 16
- Photo: SK2/HSS/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Randy Brooke/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Jason Nevader/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Soul singer Seal opted to open up about his recent split from Heidi Klum because he felt fans "deserved some kind of explanation" about the breakup.
The pair appeared to be one of Hollywood's strongest couples, renewing their vows annually, and they stunned many last month when they confirmed rumors that they had parted ways after a six-year marriage.
The singer has spoken out about the separation on chat shows and radio interviews, while Klum has remained largely silent.
RELATED: Hottest Grammy Couples
Speaking on Australian radio station 2DAY FM on Thursday, he said, "When you publicize your marriage as much as our marriage was publicized; when you renew wedding vows; when you do all those things ... you are giving them a picture of an ideal relationship, of a relationship that people aspire towards, and so when it goes south, you can't all of a sudden take the philosophy of (a) Celestine monk and decide to go for a vow of silence. It doesn't really work like that.
"And while I respect my wife's decision not to talk about it, I felt that people at least deserved some kind of explanation why their kind of picture of the ideal wasn't what they thought it was."
RELATED: Hottest Oscar Couples
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Nicole Richie, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite