Sean Combs to speak at Howard U. commencement
- Photo: Ben Hider/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 7
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
WASHINGTON (AP) — Entertainer and entrepreneur Sean Combs will deliver Howard University's commencement speech this year in Washington.
The school announced Tuesday that Combs will be among five people who will receive honorary degrees as trailblazers in their fields.
Combs was a Howard student in the late 1980s. He will receive an honorary doctorate in the humanities. He went on to create his Puff Daddy persona and built his own business and brand. Last year he launched an all-music TV channel, Revolt, aiming to create the ESPN of music. It airs in about 20 million U.S. homes.
University President Wayne Frederick says Combs' entrepreneurial spirit was sparked at Howard.
The university also will honor CNN anchor Wolf Blitzer, transplant surgeon Clive Callender, jazz legend Benny Golson and PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite