Sean 'Diddy' Combs says he's not ready for marriage
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Ben Hider/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: ./WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your DadMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Gets It On with a Clown—On Camera—for GQMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Exclusive: Royal Pains Adds Alpha House Alum for Mysterious Recurring RoleMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 2:31:00 PM
- Apple Revenue Climbs to $45.6 Billion Thanks to Strong iPhone SalesMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:49:00 PM
- WWE's Stone Cold Steve Austin Slams 'Motherfkers' Who Don't AgreMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 1:03:00 PM
- Meg Ryan Joins the Cast of How I Met Your Dad
Sean "Diddy" Combs hopes to marry one day, but insists he is not ready to make the big commitment yet.
RELATED: Bad news celeb couples
The hip-hop hitmaker has five children with three different former partners and he famously dated Jennifer Lopez in the late 1990s, but he has never wed.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far:
The rapper is reportedly dating singer Cassie, but explains he won't marry until the time is right.
He tells "The View," "It definitely would be a dream come true for me to just one day be ready for that."
"I'm not really looking because I know the responsibility that comes with that and I think that a lot of people, they jump into that and they're not honest with themselves. I'm brutally honest with myself... I don't want to get married and not make that woman be the best... I've been close to it and when I'm ready I'll make the announcement, but when I do it, I'm doing it forever."
Combs also believes happiness, not marriage, is the most important element of a relationship.
He says, "I think a lot of people put too much on marriage and not enough on happiness."
"I'm happy, anybody that is in my life is happy... I just want to be happy and I think it's important for you to protect your happiness and to love yourself, because then you can love other people the right way."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTScent Of A Woman
From Crowd Ignite