Sean 'Diddy' Combs says he's not ready for marriage
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Ben Hider/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal / BEImages/Rex USA3 of 16
- Photo: SP6/HSS/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 16
- Photo: RICHARD DREW/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: Johnny Nunez/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks9 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: ./WENN13 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Weekend Review: I'll Take ManhattanMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 5:00:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 5:38 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 2:38:29 AM
- 'Hercules' Review: Dwayne Johnson in an Epic That Never Feels EpicMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 12:02:00 AM
- Jennifer Lopez, Afrojack, Usher, and KISS Say Yes to CBS's Revived 'Fashion Rocks&MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:46:00 PM
- Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox Reaches Deal With BSkyB for European Pay TV CompaniesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 11:23:00 PM
- Weekend Review: I'll Take Manhattan
Sean "Diddy" Combs hopes to marry one day, but insists he is not ready to make the big commitment yet.
RELATED: Bad news celeb couples
The hip-hop hitmaker has five children with three different former partners and he famously dated Jennifer Lopez in the late 1990s, but he has never wed.
RELATED: 2013's biggest breakups so far:
The rapper is reportedly dating singer Cassie, but explains he won't marry until the time is right.
He tells "The View," "It definitely would be a dream come true for me to just one day be ready for that."
"I'm not really looking because I know the responsibility that comes with that and I think that a lot of people, they jump into that and they're not honest with themselves. I'm brutally honest with myself... I don't want to get married and not make that woman be the best... I've been close to it and when I'm ready I'll make the announcement, but when I do it, I'm doing it forever."
Combs also believes happiness, not marriage, is the most important element of a relationship.
He says, "I think a lot of people put too much on marriage and not enough on happiness."
"I'm happy, anybody that is in my life is happy... I just want to be happy and I think it's important for you to protect your happiness and to love yourself, because then you can love other people the right way."
Best B-Day Ever?
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite