Sean 'Diddy' Combs paid $850,000 to settle shooting lawsuits
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:46:00 AM
- 'Reclaim' Review: Ryan Phillippe and Rachelle Lefevre Are Fooled Twice, and Then SMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Oculus unveils new prototype VR headsetMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:44:54 AM
- U2 guitarist's plan for Malibu development gets OKMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 10:20:47 AM
- Downton Abbey Season 5 Scoop: Edith's Mommy Issues and Mary's ReputationMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 8:54:00 AM
- Omarosa Says NY Times Article Calling Shonda Rhimes an 'Angry Black Woman' Is &
Sean "Diddy" Combs paid $850,000 of his own money to settle a legal battle with victims of a 1999 New York nightclub shooting, according to newly released court documents.
The star and his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, made headlines when they were arrested following the incident at Club New York more than a decade ago, and his protege Jamal 'Shyne' Barrow served nearly 10 years behind bars on charges relating to the shooting.
Combs was cleared of any wrongdoing in the criminal case, but he and the now-defunct club's owners were targeted in lawsuits by those who were hurt, and they resolved the dispute last year by agreeing to a confidential settlement.
RELATED: Forgotten Celeb Couples of the 2000s
It has now been revealed Combs handed over $850,000 in a settlement worth more than $2 million, with the lion's share of the money going to bystander Natania Reuben, who suffered severe facial injuries.
She received $1.8 million, according to the New York Daily News.
The details of the confidential settlement were revealed in court papers filed in New York after an insurance company went bankrupt.
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite