Sean 'Diddy' Combs paid $850,000 to settle shooting lawsuits
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
Sean "Diddy" Combs paid $850,000 of his own money to settle a legal battle with victims of a 1999 New York nightclub shooting, according to newly released court documents.
The star and his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, made headlines when they were arrested following the incident at Club New York more than a decade ago, and his protege Jamal 'Shyne' Barrow served nearly 10 years behind bars on charges relating to the shooting.
Combs was cleared of any wrongdoing in the criminal case, but he and the now-defunct club's owners were targeted in lawsuits by those who were hurt, and they resolved the dispute last year by agreeing to a confidential settlement.
RELATED: Forgotten Celeb Couples of the 2000s
It has now been revealed Combs handed over $850,000 in a settlement worth more than $2 million, with the lion's share of the money going to bystander Natania Reuben, who suffered severe facial injuries.
She received $1.8 million, according to the New York Daily News.
The details of the confidential settlement were revealed in court papers filed in New York after an insurance company went bankrupt.
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Mariah Carey does her best impression of a mermaid on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite