Sean 'Diddy' Combs paid $850,000 to settle shooting lawsuits
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Sean "Diddy" Combs paid $850,000 of his own money to settle a legal battle with victims of a 1999 New York nightclub shooting, according to newly released court documents.
The star and his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, made headlines when they were arrested following the incident at Club New York more than a decade ago, and his protege Jamal 'Shyne' Barrow served nearly 10 years behind bars on charges relating to the shooting.
Combs was cleared of any wrongdoing in the criminal case, but he and the now-defunct club's owners were targeted in lawsuits by those who were hurt, and they resolved the dispute last year by agreeing to a confidential settlement.
RELATED: Forgotten Celeb Couples of the 2000s
It has now been revealed Combs handed over $850,000 in a settlement worth more than $2 million, with the lion's share of the money going to bystander Natania Reuben, who suffered severe facial injuries.
She received $1.8 million, according to the New York Daily News.
The details of the confidential settlement were revealed in court papers filed in New York after an insurance company went bankrupt.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham mourns the loss of her bicycle on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite