Sean 'Diddy' Combs paid $850,000 to settle shooting lawsuits
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Fame Pictures3 of 16
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: STB/HSS/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Emiley Schweich/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 16
- Photo: Marco Vitchi/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Denise Truscello/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Nick Wass/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: L. Cohen/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Chris Liddell Joins WME and IMG as Chief Financial OfficerMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 10:06:00 AM
- The Big Bang Theory Delays Production Amid Contract NegotiationsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 10:03:00 AM
- Jamie Foxx in Talks to Play Mike Tyson in Biopic, Boxer SaysMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:59:00 AM
- 7 Questions With 'Return to Zero' Star Minnie Driver: Emmy Nominee QuickieMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:32:00 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory' halts production amid contract negotiationsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 9:27:00 AM
- Chris Liddell Joins WME and IMG as Chief Financial Officer
Sean "Diddy" Combs paid $850,000 of his own money to settle a legal battle with victims of a 1999 New York nightclub shooting, according to newly released court documents.
The star and his then-girlfriend, Jennifer Lopez, made headlines when they were arrested following the incident at Club New York more than a decade ago, and his protege Jamal 'Shyne' Barrow served nearly 10 years behind bars on charges relating to the shooting.
Combs was cleared of any wrongdoing in the criminal case, but he and the now-defunct club's owners were targeted in lawsuits by those who were hurt, and they resolved the dispute last year by agreeing to a confidential settlement.
RELATED: Forgotten Celeb Couples of the 2000s
It has now been revealed Combs handed over $850,000 in a settlement worth more than $2 million, with the lion's share of the money going to bystander Natania Reuben, who suffered severe facial injuries.
She received $1.8 million, according to the New York Daily News.
The details of the confidential settlement were revealed in court papers filed in New York after an insurance company went bankrupt.
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite