Sean Kingston sued for alleged gang rape
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP/KRAPE1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New PresidentMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:44:54 AM
- 'Bonnie & Clyde' Second Night Draws Steady RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:31:40 AM
- Fox COO Chase Carey: 'A La Carte Cable is a Farce'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:28:45 AM
- How McG Lured Producer Lance Sloane Back to Warner Bros. With 'Aim High'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:27:11 AM
- Dan Rather Says CBS News Has 'A Lot to Answer' About '60 Minutes&aposMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 11:00:48 AM
- Kennedy Center Names Chicago Symphony Orchestra Head as New President
Sean Kingston is facing a very serious $5 million lawsuit after a fan officially filed papers claiming that the singer, his bodyguard, and a band member are all guilty of raping her back in 2010. Kingston, 23, was originally cleared of any wrongdoing in the Seattle hotel incident after officials decided that the woman, Carissa Capeloto, was not fit to be a credible witness.
Now, however, Capeloto is reopening the case by suing the "Beautiful Girls" singer for a minimum of $5 million, telling authorities that she has been psychologically marred by the incident, according to TMZ.
Capeloto, now 22, alleges that back in 2010, she was escorted to Kingston's hotel room for a meet-and-greet following a Justin Bieber concert -- but things went awry when the singer's bodyguard, a band member, and the singer himself proceeded to gang rape her.
Kingston has since filed legal documents in his defense, claiming that the sex was consensual.
According to TMZ, Capeloto writes in the papers that she had smoked pot and had 7 to 10 shots of vodka prior to the rendezvous, and was therefore "obviously intoxicated, incapable of consent."
The incident only stopped when a pal came into the room to help her and call the police, she said.
Sources tell TMZ Kingston has settled the rape charges with the 22-year-old woman by paying half of the $5 million she asked for. Sources say it was not out of guilt, but because he wanted the case to go away so he could primarily focus on his new upcoming album.
A trial for the incident will take place this November.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite