Sean Kingston sued for alleged gang rape
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP/KRAPE1 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com3 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Sean Kingston is facing a very serious $5 million lawsuit after a fan officially filed papers claiming that the singer, his bodyguard, and a band member are all guilty of raping her back in 2010. Kingston, 23, was originally cleared of any wrongdoing in the Seattle hotel incident after officials decided that the woman, Carissa Capeloto, was not fit to be a credible witness.
Now, however, Capeloto is reopening the case by suing the "Beautiful Girls" singer for a minimum of $5 million, telling authorities that she has been psychologically marred by the incident, according to TMZ.
Capeloto, now 22, alleges that back in 2010, she was escorted to Kingston's hotel room for a meet-and-greet following a Justin Bieber concert -- but things went awry when the singer's bodyguard, a band member, and the singer himself proceeded to gang rape her.
Kingston has since filed legal documents in his defense, claiming that the sex was consensual.
According to TMZ, Capeloto writes in the papers that she had smoked pot and had 7 to 10 shots of vodka prior to the rendezvous, and was therefore "obviously intoxicated, incapable of consent."
The incident only stopped when a pal came into the room to help her and call the police, she said.
Sources tell TMZ Kingston has settled the rape charges with the 22-year-old woman by paying half of the $5 million she asked for. Sources say it was not out of guilt, but because he wanted the case to go away so he could primarily focus on his new upcoming album.
A trial for the incident will take place this November.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite