- Photo: Maro Hagopian/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/AP3 of 18
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter4 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 18
- Photo: ZTB/ZOH/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 18
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: GTS / Splash News/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: Jun Sato/WireImage13 of 18
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP16 of 18
- Photo: DCA/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody SchlockMSNEntertainment 5/25/2013 6:55:12 AM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Good Morning, Cannes: From Bloody Fun to Bloody Schlock
Lady Gaga's new love: Blending.
No, it's not some outrageous fashion trend or shocking pre-concert ritual. It's a simple diet trend that is quickly becoming a critical staple of the pop superstar's diet.
Wonderwall caught up with trainer-to-the-stars Harley Pasternak backstage at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday when he told us that he and his team have been working with Gaga to "tighten up" her diet for her upcoming tour and design a nutritional plan that is almost exclusively blended recipes.
"She's really excited about blending lately," celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak explained to Wonderwall. "So we've been designing some great new recipes for her from smoothies to soups. She understands that when she's on tour, she's so active onstage, dancing and running, that the diet is the most important thing -- we've got to keep her healthy, energized and lean."
MORE: 2012 Grammy Awards
And it's no wonder Gaga's energy levels are a concern. Her new tour -- "The Born This Way Ball" -- is an ambitious 110 show tour that kicks off April 27 in Seoul, South Korea, and is scheduled to take the Grammy-winning star all over the world, including Asia, North America, Latin America and Europe, ending sometime in 2013.
So what exactly will she be eating while she trots across the globe performing songs like "Born This Way," "Edge of Glory," "You and I" and "Marry the Night"?
"She likes berries," Pasternak confessed. "She likes the fiber in berries. They are low calorie, colorful and carry a lot of antioxidants, so we've been doing a lot of creative, sweet things with all berries like blackberries, strawberries, boysenberries and cranberries. We use nonfat Greek yogurt as a base and just go to town. We've also been doing a lot of pureed soups like broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus."
And while Gaga's diet has been a main focus, Pasternak said they haven't completely ignored her fitness. "There are some exercises we do with her to make sure she's not injured onstage," he said. "We make sure to include some upper body exercises and posture work and some work to the back of her thighs."
Gaga isn't the only A-list music star Pasternak counts among his clients. He and his team also currently train Rihanna, Katy Perry and Kesha, in addition to current and former clients including Halle Berry, Jessica Simpson, Alicia Keys, Hilary Duff, John Mayer, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green, among others.
Pasternak can currently be seen as a cohost on ABC's "The Revolution" alongside Tim Gunn and Ty Pennington. And he's also a spokesperson and designer for New Balance, a brand he was representing backstage at the Indie Spirit Awards in the Official Presenters Gift Lounge, alongside such brands as Cult of Individuality, Wella, AMC Entertainment and Emergen-c.
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite