Secrets of Lady Gaga's New Liquid Diet
- Photo: Maro Hagopian/Splash News1 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: Jacques Brinon/Invision/AP3 of 18
- Photo: @ladygaga/Twitter4 of 18
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 18
- Photo: ZTB/ZOH/WENN6 of 18
- Photo: Gotcha Images/Splash News7 of 18
- Photo: Clasos.com/Splash News8 of 18
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 18
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin10 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage11 of 18
- Photo: GTS / Splash News/Splash News12 of 18
- Photo: Jun Sato/WireImage13 of 18
- Photo: JSG/ZJE/WENN14 of 18
- Photo: CHAA/ZDS/WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP16 of 18
- Photo: DCA/http://www.wenn.com/17 of 18
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
By Chris Gardner
Lady Gaga's new love: Blending.
No, it's not some outrageous fashion trend or shocking pre-concert ritual. It's a simple diet trend that is quickly becoming a critical staple of the pop superstar's diet.
Wonderwall caught up with trainer-to-the-stars Harley Pasternak backstage at the Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday when he told us that he and his team have been working with Gaga to "tighten up" her diet for her upcoming tour and design a nutritional plan that is almost exclusively blended recipes.
"She's really excited about blending lately," celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak explained to Wonderwall. "So we've been designing some great new recipes for her from smoothies to soups. She understands that when she's on tour, she's so active onstage, dancing and running, that the diet is the most important thing -- we've got to keep her healthy, energized and lean."
MORE: 2012 Grammy Awards
And it's no wonder Gaga's energy levels are a concern. Her new tour -- "The Born This Way Ball" -- is an ambitious 110 show tour that kicks off April 27 in Seoul, South Korea, and is scheduled to take the Grammy-winning star all over the world, including Asia, North America, Latin America and Europe, ending sometime in 2013.
So what exactly will she be eating while she trots across the globe performing songs like "Born This Way," "Edge of Glory," "You and I" and "Marry the Night"?
"She likes berries," Pasternak confessed. "She likes the fiber in berries. They are low calorie, colorful and carry a lot of antioxidants, so we've been doing a lot of creative, sweet things with all berries like blackberries, strawberries, boysenberries and cranberries. We use nonfat Greek yogurt as a base and just go to town. We've also been doing a lot of pureed soups like broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus."
And while Gaga's diet has been a main focus, Pasternak said they haven't completely ignored her fitness. "There are some exercises we do with her to make sure she's not injured onstage," he said. "We make sure to include some upper body exercises and posture work and some work to the back of her thighs."
Gaga isn't the only A-list music star Pasternak counts among his clients. He and his team also currently train Rihanna, Katy Perry and Kesha, in addition to current and former clients including Halle Berry, Jessica Simpson, Alicia Keys, Hilary Duff, John Mayer, Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green, among others.
Pasternak can currently be seen as a cohost on ABC's "The Revolution" alongside Tim Gunn and Ty Pennington. And he's also a spokesperson and designer for New Balance, a brand he was representing backstage at the Indie Spirit Awards in the Official Presenters Gift Lounge, alongside such brands as Cult of Individuality, Wella, AMC Entertainment and Emergen-c.
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMarrying Kind?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite