Selena Gomez after canceling tour: 'Happiest I've been in a while'
- Photo: Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: selenagomez/Instagram3 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: J. Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: @selenagomez/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Selena Gomez's break from work is already doing her good. The 21-year-old singer posted a new photo of herself on Instagram on Sunday, and shared an update on her life after announcing last week that she was canceling her Australian tour to focus on herself.
"I'm the happiest I've been in a while," Gomez captioned the Instagram snapshot. "So blessed and thankful for the future, for release and to finally be happy for those I loved . . ." In the photo, Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend smiles while cuddling a baby against her chest. (Gomez's mom, Mandy Teefey, welcomed a baby girl, Gracie, in June with stepdad Brian Teefey.)
The former Disney star abruptly announced on Dec. 19 that she would be taking some time off from her Stars Dance tour. "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," Gomez said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," Gomez said in a statement at the time. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
The "Come & Get It" singer's tour cancellation followed a controversial, blooper-riddled performance she gave at 2013 Jingle Ball in New York City on Dec. 6. Gomez dropped the f-bomb on stage after becoming upset over malfunctions with her audio. "Sorry, the sound isn't working!" she told the audience, before walking off stage. "Are you guys having a good night? I promise, a lot cooler people are gonna come out tonight."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite