Selena Gomez after canceling tour: 'Happiest I've been in a while'
- Photo: Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: selenagomez/Instagram3 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: J. Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: @selenagomez/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Selena Gomez's break from work is already doing her good. The 21-year-old singer posted a new photo of herself on Instagram on Sunday, and shared an update on her life after announcing last week that she was canceling her Australian tour to focus on herself.
"I'm the happiest I've been in a while," Gomez captioned the Instagram snapshot. "So blessed and thankful for the future, for release and to finally be happy for those I loved . . ." In the photo, Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend smiles while cuddling a baby against her chest. (Gomez's mom, Mandy Teefey, welcomed a baby girl, Gracie, in June with stepdad Brian Teefey.)
The former Disney star abruptly announced on Dec. 19 that she would be taking some time off from her Stars Dance tour. "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," Gomez said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," Gomez said in a statement at the time. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
The "Come & Get It" singer's tour cancellation followed a controversial, blooper-riddled performance she gave at 2013 Jingle Ball in New York City on Dec. 6. Gomez dropped the f-bomb on stage after becoming upset over malfunctions with her audio. "Sorry, the sound isn't working!" she told the audience, before walking off stage. "Are you guys having a good night? I promise, a lot cooler people are gonna come out tonight."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite