Selena Gomez after canceling tour: 'Happiest I've been in a while'
- Photo: Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: selenagomez/Instagram3 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: J. Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: @selenagomez/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 4:08 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 4:40:15 PM
- Police have warrant in attempted Banksy theftMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 2:54:20 PM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' Monologue
Selena Gomez's break from work is already doing her good. The 21-year-old singer posted a new photo of herself on Instagram on Sunday, and shared an update on her life after announcing last week that she was canceling her Australian tour to focus on herself.
"I'm the happiest I've been in a while," Gomez captioned the Instagram snapshot. "So blessed and thankful for the future, for release and to finally be happy for those I loved . . ." In the photo, Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend smiles while cuddling a baby against her chest. (Gomez's mom, Mandy Teefey, welcomed a baby girl, Gracie, in June with stepdad Brian Teefey.)
The former Disney star abruptly announced on Dec. 19 that she would be taking some time off from her Stars Dance tour. "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," Gomez said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," Gomez said in a statement at the time. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
The "Come & Get It" singer's tour cancellation followed a controversial, blooper-riddled performance she gave at 2013 Jingle Ball in New York City on Dec. 6. Gomez dropped the f-bomb on stage after becoming upset over malfunctions with her audio. "Sorry, the sound isn't working!" she told the audience, before walking off stage. "Are you guys having a good night? I promise, a lot cooler people are gonna come out tonight."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite