Selena Gomez after canceling tour: 'Happiest I've been in a while'
- Photo: Instagram1 of 13
- Photo: Splash News2 of 13
- Photo: selenagomez/Instagram3 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: AP1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: J. Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Daly/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: @selenagomez/Instagram8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Smeal/BEImages/Rex USA9 of 13
- Photo: c.W.Disney/Everett/Rex USA10 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN11 of 13
- Photo: Rex USA12 of 13
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
Selena Gomez's break from work is already doing her good. The 21-year-old singer posted a new photo of herself on Instagram on Sunday, and shared an update on her life after announcing last week that she was canceling her Australian tour to focus on herself.
"I'm the happiest I've been in a while," Gomez captioned the Instagram snapshot. "So blessed and thankful for the future, for release and to finally be happy for those I loved . . ." In the photo, Justin Bieber's ex-girlfriend smiles while cuddling a baby against her chest. (Gomez's mom, Mandy Teefey, welcomed a baby girl, Gracie, in June with stepdad Brian Teefey.)
The former Disney star abruptly announced on Dec. 19 that she would be taking some time off from her Stars Dance tour. "My fans are so important to me and I would never want to disappoint them," Gomez said in a statement. "But it has become clear to me and those close to me that after many years of putting my work first, I need to spend some time on myself in order to be the best person I can be," Gomez said in a statement at the time. "To my fans, I sincerely apologize and I hope you guys know how much each and every one of you mean to me."
The "Come & Get It" singer's tour cancellation followed a controversial, blooper-riddled performance she gave at 2013 Jingle Ball in New York City on Dec. 6. Gomez dropped the f-bomb on stage after becoming upset over malfunctions with her audio. "Sorry, the sound isn't working!" she told the audience, before walking off stage. "Are you guys having a good night? I promise, a lot cooler people are gonna come out tonight."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott put their cheating scandal behind them and vacation as a family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite