Selena Gomez: I cried on stage because 'they wouldn't allow me to Instagram'
- Photo: @selenagomez/Instagram1 of 9
- Photo: J. Sharma/Bruja/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 9
- Photo: Wonderwall3 of 9
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 9
- Photo: ABFR/GSI5 of 9
- Photo: MPNC/GSI6 of 9
- Photo: R Chiang/Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/TCA 2011/WireImage8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier diesMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:54:34 AM
- Jonathan Demme selling vast art collection in Pa.MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 5:51:16 AM
- Lena Dunham Jokes About 'Girls' Nudity in 'SNL' MonologueMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Stacy Keibler Has Surprise Beach WeddingMSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:28:00 PM
- Science Channel Greenlights Craig Ferguson Series 'I F-ing Love Science'MSNEntertainment 3/8/2014 7:10:00 PM
- Revolutionary opera director Gerard Mortier dies
This is how much Selena Gomez cares about her fans. The 21-year-old singer shared the real reason why she burst into tears on stage at her Brooklyn, N.Y., concert on Oct. 16 -- and it wasn't about Justin Bieber.
Though TMZ and others speculated that Gomez was sobbing during her ballad "Love Will Remember" because the song is believed to be about her ex-boyfriend, the former Disney star says she was actually shedding tears for her fans.
She shared a sad picture post-meltdown of herself holding up a Brooklyn T-shirt with the caption: "Never ended such a beautiful show in tears because they wouldn't allow me to Instagram tonight. Completely heartbroken and pissed. Thank you SO much Brooklyn. Ill be stopping outside Letterman tomorrow to make it up if you can make it. I love you guys more than you know. Promise."
The "Come & Get It" singer has a tradition of taking pictures with fans after her Stars Dance tour shows, and for some unknown reason was not permitted to do so Wednesday night.
Unfortunately, the following day didn't get off to a great start for Gomez. During her appearance on The View (in a video clip obtained by TMZ), the singer had some technical difficulties kicking off her performance so they had to cut to a commercial break.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite