Selena Gomez: It's time to get my own house
- Photo: Saleem Elatab/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Bauer/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Marcus Golejewski/Future Image/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VISP/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in FranceMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 5:57:00 AM
- California Super-Sizes Its Film, TV Tax Credit ProgramMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:47:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes to Make Acting Debut on 'The Mindy Project'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:01:00 AM
- 'Rosewater' Review: Jon Stewart Gets Earnest With a Real-Life Story of Middle EastMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 12:00:00 AM
- John Lennon's Killer: 'Sorry for Being Such an Idiot'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 PM
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Married in France
Last month, Selena Gomez became a big sister at the age of 20 when her mom, Mandy Teefey, gave birth to her youngest daughter, Gracie, the first child with her husband, Brian Teefey. But Gracie's arrival may not be the only big change afoot in Selena's house.
In a sit-down with Ryan Seacrest for E! airing Sunday, the singer admits that she's ready to leave the nest.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
"Yeah, I think it's time," she replies when Seacrest asks if she'll move out on her own soon. "I didn't ever want to be forceful, saying, ‘I've made enough to just get my own house … and do whatever.' I love being with my family. And I love knowing that they're there. But yeah, I think it's probably time for me to get my own house."
As for what comes next, Gomez says she has an idea of what she wants down the road, but she understands that there are no guarantees in life.
"You just never know how it's gonna execute," she says. "I have goals, personally and professionally, but you never know, it could end today and be gone tomorrow."
One thing the former child star does sound sure about is that she wants to "slow down" with work at some point to make room in her schedule to raise a family of her own.
Asked if she wants a big family, Gomez, whose mom had her at 16, then divorced her father and raised Selena as a single parent until marrying Gracie's dad, says that she'll "decide when the time comes" but all signs seem to point to "yes."
"I mean," she says with a grin. "I'm Latin …"
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite