Selena Gomez: It's time to get my own house
- Photo: Saleem Elatab/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Bauer/StarTraks2 of 16
- Photo: Marcus Golejewski/Future Image/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: VISP/GSI5 of 16
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks10 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter13 of 16
- Photo: DANNY MOLOSHOK/Reuters14 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter15 of 16
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Last month, Selena Gomez became a big sister at the age of 20 when her mom, Mandy Teefey, gave birth to her youngest daughter, Gracie, the first child with her husband, Brian Teefey. But Gracie's arrival may not be the only big change afoot in Selena's house.
In a sit-down with Ryan Seacrest for E! airing Sunday, the singer admits that she's ready to leave the nest.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
"Yeah, I think it's time," she replies when Seacrest asks if she'll move out on her own soon. "I didn't ever want to be forceful, saying, ‘I've made enough to just get my own house … and do whatever.' I love being with my family. And I love knowing that they're there. But yeah, I think it's probably time for me to get my own house."
As for what comes next, Gomez says she has an idea of what she wants down the road, but she understands that there are no guarantees in life.
"You just never know how it's gonna execute," she says. "I have goals, personally and professionally, but you never know, it could end today and be gone tomorrow."
One thing the former child star does sound sure about is that she wants to "slow down" with work at some point to make room in her schedule to raise a family of her own.
Asked if she wants a big family, Gomez, whose mom had her at 16, then divorced her father and raised Selena as a single parent until marrying Gracie's dad, says that she'll "decide when the time comes" but all signs seem to point to "yes."
"I mean," she says with a grin. "I'm Latin …"
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite