Selena Gomez on Life After Justin Bieber Split: 'It's Been Weird and Sad and Cool'
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: DT2/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/Getty Images North America3 of 16
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: Mike Windle/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter6 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter7 of 16
- Photo: JXC/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: @selenagomez/Twitter11 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: LOMELI/Bauer-Griffin13 of 16
- Photo: Noel Vasquez/Getty Images North America14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- NBC Renews UndateableMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:54:00 AM
- Pamela Anderson wants Faeroes to stop whale driveMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:34:53 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 8:25 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 5:25:28 AM
- Sundance Film Festival Expands to Hong KongMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:12:00 PM
- 'Undateable' Gets Second Season From NBCMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 9:18:00 PM
- NBC Renews Undateable
Selena Gomez has been putting on a happy face in the wake of her recent breakup from on-again/off-again boyfriend Justin Bieber, but if her performance in New York this weekend is any indication, there's more to the situation than meets the eye. Taking the stage for a private concert benefiting UNICEF on Jan. 19, the 20-year-old singer made several cryptic references to moving on from an old relationship.
"I've been through a lot the past few months. It's been weird and sad and cool," she told the crowd before introducing an acoustic cover of Justin Timberlake's scorned lover's anthem "Cry Me a River." "This song definitely speaks to me."
Gomez didn't specifically mention Bieber, but a source at the event tells Us Weekly she "seemed so angry" during the song. (Incidentally, her ex performed the same tune in concert a few months ago.)
Prior to the show, however, the newly single Wizards of Waverly Place actress was all smiles as she spoke to reporters on the red carpet. And she seemed to light up when asked about her friendship with fellow starlet Taylor Swift.
"Taylor is one of the most inspirational, positive, good-hearted people I know," she gushed of her BFF, who recently went through a breakup of her own, with One Direction boy-bander Harry Styles. "I met her when she was 18...it was absolutely incredible to see someone so successful and so humble. I think she's been a big part of me staying who I am, too."
Gomez also discussed her risque role in the upcoming movie Spring Breakers, in which she plays one of four bikini-clad co-eds who rob a restaurant to pay for their spring break trip. "It's kind of been refreshing and nice for me to step out of my comfort zone and do things that I didn't think I could do as an actress," she said, noting that she had tried to warn her younger fans about the film.
The singer revealed that she was taking more risks offscreen, as well, particularly with her music. "I'm a little bit more mouthy [now]," she said of her new album. "I'm a little bit older. I've got a little more sass. [I'm] telling a lot more, too."
"Everything happens for a reason," she added mysteriously, "so enjoy every moment."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPool Party
From Crowd Ignite